Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Mirm

Finally! After much ado....(i have been quite busy!) I will move on my sister talk to the next hot chick in line: Miriam.

Ahh, my dear Mirm! What could I possibly say to describe you?! Where to even start? Ahh...I know...

So my earliest memory of this chica occurred many many moons ago when she was just a wee lass still in her crib at our old house. Mirm was quite attached to her "baa-baa" (or did you call it something else?) and I was fascinated with how long she could suck and bite on this piece of rubber while keeping herself entertained. During a routine 5 yr. old's investigation of the magical qualities of a pacifier, I made a very important discovery about my sister. Mom had asked me to go check on Mirm to see if she had awakened from her nap yet and I decided it was a perfect oppurtunity to begin my investigation. As it happened, she was awake, and I asked her to open her mouth and do exactly as I said. So.....she opened her mouth. I put my index finger inside and instructed her to bite down on my finger as hard as she could. I repeatedly stressed "As hard as you can!" because I just KNEW somehow this would help me get to the bottom of the pacifier mystery. Miriam, being the obedient younger sibling, did exactly as I said. It took all of 1.3 seconds for me to abandon all thoughts of any investigation and swiftly determine that Miriam could bite VERY hard indeed. (Please. Don't ask me how this tied in to discovering why a 2 year old liked her pacifier so much. How should I know?! I can only fathom that, at 5 years old, my brain had not yet begun that crucial process called...oh yeah, THINKING!) Anywho, back to the story...

Now where were we? Oh yes. Mirm was joyfully in the process of biting my finger in half. Right, so I quickly told her to "Stop it! Let go!" Suddenly, Miriam was no longer the obedient and submissive younger sister. Now she was a grinning, toothy mouthed girl with twinkling eyes who...of all things!....actually looked like she was enjoying her power over me!! Heaven forbid! And did she stop?! Yeah right! She bit even harder! I tried pulling my finger out, but only succeeded in shaking her head about as she continued to hang on like a bulldog in a death grip...

Ahh yes. Now you are probably all wishing you could have seen this in action. My, my, my. Well, come to think of it, I guess it might have been kind of funny. I don't really know. You'd have to check with my Mom. She's the one who is STILL laughing about it back at my old home in Wilkinson. Sheesh! You'd think a girl could at least go crying to her mother for sympathy! ;)

Right. Miriam and I have both grown up a lot since then, but what I learned about her that day is still true even to this very minute. First: NEVER EVER put your finger in her mouth, and Second: When Miriam sets her mind on something, she sticks to it with bulldog tenacity! From her faith to her family and friends, Miriam is loyal and genuine, the real-deal! She might make you laugh. She could make you cry. But she will always leave you knowing that she has been honest with you and is not afraid to be herself.

I love you so much Miriam Anne, and I miss you being so far far away!!!!!!! :( **tear*tear**

p.s. see you in 5 days!!!! ;)

Miriam described to me AIM a kid she thought was really hot. I went into paint and created a pic of him. As you can see, I kind of ran out of time by the time I got around to working on her, hence her lovely figure and stick arms/legs. **snicker**snicker** tee hee hee! ;)










Miriam and I really enjoyed the strawberries at Sam Hickey's wedding reception. (By the way, if you didn't know, they're one of her favorite foods!)








My junior year of college and Mirm's freshman year at IUPUI we went on Spring Break to Florida together. What fun!!

[ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!] tee hee hee!

LOVE YOU, MIRIAM!

6 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, December 15, 2006 , Blogger Miriam Solomon said...

ohhhhhhhhhh cindy darling! thank you for the post! i thoroughly enjoyed the laughter i emitted while reading about your lil finger. :) MWAH HAHAH. love you so much! see you in a few days!

 
At 2:20 PM, December 16, 2006 , Blogger Beth said...

All I have to say is "Brain Damage". (Don't worry folks, it's from one of our favorite movies, I'm not saying anyone has brain damage here. Well........)

 
At 6:11 PM, December 17, 2006 , Blogger Cindy said...

poo poo, that's the very phrase i would have used to describe myself!!!! hahahhahaha! except i didn't think anyone would get it because not many people have seen that movie. p.s. i want to show part of it to scott this weekend.

 
At 11:58 AM, January 04, 2007 , Blogger Charis said...

That's my miriam-- a bulldog! ;) 'Cept now she has 4 fewer teeth to chomp with.

 
At 5:14 PM, February 03, 2007 , Blogger SUSAN said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:24 PM, February 03, 2007 , Blogger SUSAN said...

Cindy - I love reading about your sisters. You all bless me so much, you are wonderful godly women and I am so blessed when I get to see you. I read your blog about the Preemies - WOW - what insight - Yes they do grow up to be healthy - AMBER for instance - 24 1/2 weeks - 2 lb 10 oz - 15 1/8 inches long - head the size of a medium apple. You brought back all those memories andgave me a different view, one from the nurses angle. We had wonderful nurses who took care of Amber (Ed and I as well) - They blessed us. I thank God that He placed you in that place as to be a beacon of light, when you are in that situation as a parent, you need someone loving your child and encouraging you and explaining things. They would make signs when she reached certain weights, take pictures when she was awake so we could see her and personalize them for us, the little things that you can grab onto. It was hard when you had to leave, but knowing she was in the best of hands was comforting. I still have all of the things they made for her, but In my heart to this day, I carry the memory of each of those nurses and the love that they showed for my child and the wonderful care they took of her and I thank God. Thank you for the reminder, may God bless you and strengthen you wherever He sends you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home